Wow! What a whirlwind these last few months have been, we sincerely hope that you and your families are healthy and happy during this challenging time.
On April 30th the Alberta government announced that essential health services, which includes Optometry clinics can return to offering routine care. This announcement means that we can now begin to enter into our “new normal” practices.
We’ve been busy preparing for this since our closure began. It’s really been a challenge, but we have risen to it! Our team has been working non-stop to make sure we can confidently re-open and provide a safe place for our patients and team.
We are beyond happy to be open once again doing what we do best, which is making a difference in others lives. This is who we are at our core, and it means so much to us to be able to care for our community. We have made the decision to move forward very cautiously. Our team is committed to keeping you safe and in doing so we promise to maintain our commitment to practicing in the safest possible way.
Some of our safety protocols to protect our team and patients include:
- Implementing a COVID questionnaire for every patient and team member before entering the clinic space
- Thoroughly sanitizing our equipment between each patient
- Limiting the number of people in our clinic at one time by locking our doors (please call our clinic when you’ve arrived)
- Respecting the 2 meter physical distancing whenever possible
- Offering telehealth consults with our Doctors if you are feeling unwell or are uncomfortable coming into the clinic at this time
- Having our team wear wearing masks, a face shield or safety glasses if they are unable to maintain the 2 meter physical distance
- Having our patients wear a mask before entering our clinic (homemade cloth masks, bandanas & scarves are acceptable)
- All of our new protocols are to ensure we are creating the safest space possible for our team to work in and for our patients to be cared in.
If you are or your family members are having ANY vision concerns whatsoever, please reach out to us. We are here for you, we are here for our community.